This slow-paced island nation is an exotic blend of rich cultures and dramatic natural beauty
Smouldering vistas, rich cultural diversity, beach-blessed coastlines and languorous charm – this nation of more than 17,000 islands offers countless adventures and unforgettable experiences. Every island here seduces with its own vision of paradise. From the beautiful beaches and emerald interior of Bali – the fabled ‘Island of the Gods’ – and the stunning volcanic landscapes of Lombok, to the exotic shorelines of Komodo – the land of dragons, this picture-perfect archipelago really does have it all.
Whether you’re looking for an unspoilt beach escape or a dramatic volcano trek, talk to us and we’ll help design your ultimate Indonesia holiday.
Our most popular destination in Indonesia is Bali, a tropical island located in the westernmost end of the Lesser Sunda Islands. For its small size, Bali offers more than its fair share of attractions – from visits to temples and quaint local villages, to cycling around rice terraces and lounging on picture-perfect golden sands. To make the most of a Bali holiday, we recommend twinning a relaxing beach stay with a few nights in artsy Ubud, the cultural capital of the island. Pairing Bali with Lombok and the Gilis also makes for an excellent island-hopping beach holiday. Local airlines have several flights each day between Bali and Lombok, and it’s also easy to travel between the islands by boat. To get to the secluded Gilis you’ll need to hop on a boat from Bali or Lombok.
Lombok & the Gilis
Idyllic islands of dazzling white sands and emerald interiors, Lombok and the Gili Islands offer a more sedate atmosphere to popular Bali. Lombok lies to the east and is perfect if you’re looking for untouched beaches and excellent outdoor activities – the southern coastline is a surfer’s paradise, while the dominating Mount Rinjani is a magnet for walkers. Off the north-west coast of Lombok, the Gili Islands are exotic hideaways of white sands and bohemian-chic charm. Gili Trawangan is the most cosmopolitan, with great nightlife and luxury beachside resorts, while Gili Air is the most authentic of the islands, with a stunning coral reef and great local character. The smallest island is Gili Meno, the ultimate honeymoon haven with its gorgeous cluster of palm-fringed beaches. While the islands enchant with their own distinct character, all of the Gilis are popular for their marine-rich waters – spectacular wrecks and offshore coral reefs are great for diving and snorkelling.
PRICE INCLUDES :
• The services of Kuoni resident representatives (tour leaders on escorted tours) or Kuoni appointed regional agents, with English speaking staff in most of the areas featured in this brochure;
• Economy class airfares on scheduled (or charter flights) on IATA carriers and other airlines from UK as per itinerary (Air fares are based on group travel and changes of reservations are not permitted without the confirmation of Kuoni);
• Luggage allowance, as specified;
• Accommodation and sightseeing, as specified within the itinerary;
• Meals as shown under hotel and tour text;
• UK departure tax;
• Government taxes and compulsory service charges;
• Transfers to/from airport/hotels unless otherwise stated.
NOT INCLUDED :
• Visa fees, overseas airport taxes, overseas porterage, any government taxes or compulsory charges to be payable locally (these will be communicated within your documentation, where such fees are known to us);
• Optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday.