Discover the beauty, culture and cuisine of this exotic Asian gem.
A bewitching blend of east and west, and a melting pot of Malay, European and Chinese cultures, Singapore is a popular holiday destination and a fantastic city for you to discover. Renowned for its shopping malls and street markets, explore exquisite restaurants serving up a world of culinary adventures, charming colonial attractions, outstanding natural beauty and a full calendar of exhilarating and colourful events to enthral and enchant.
The colonial region of Riverside, also known as the Civic Region, is where the British Statesman Sir Thomas Stamford Bingley Raffles landed and first founded the city of Singapore in the early 19th Century. Today, you can stand on the banks of the Singapore River and watch 100 dragon boats rhythmically pulsating through the water during October’s River Regatta. On the south bank of the river you will see the skyscrapers of the central business district and find plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants at Boat Quay.
Singapore is the departure or arrival point for a number of our featured Asia cruises. To create that perfect stay and cruise holiday we recommend spending a few days exploring the city before boarding your chosen cruise liner, or perhaps on your return if you have chose a round-trip voyage.
For the locals of Singapore, dining out is a passion as a whole host of Oriental delicacies, local specialities and cuisine from around the world are a mere stone’s throw away. Decide amongst a selection of Chinese, Malay, Indian, French and Italian restaurants, from informal to high end and treat your tastebuds with delights such as chilli crab, sambal stingray or char kway teow (literally meaning stir-fried ricecake strips) in the food-lover's heaven that is the Hawker Centre, or simply enjoy a civilised afternoon tea at the legendary Raffles Hotel.
The retail heart of the city is primarily located along the recently renovated Orchard Road, where you'll be drawn in by the glitzy entrances of the large shopping centres. Once lined with spice orchards and plantations, the road is now dominated by high-end fashion emporiums and malls, buzzing with locals and tourists.
PRICE INCLUDES :
• The services of Kuoni resident representatives (tour leaders on escorted tours) or Kuoni appointed regional agents, with English speaking staff in most of the areas featured in this brochure;
• Economy class airfares on scheduled (or charter flights) on IATA carriers and other airlines from UK as per itinerary (Air fares are based on group travel and changes of reservations are not permitted without the confirmation of Kuoni);
• Luggage allowance, as specified;
• Accommodation and sightseeing, as specified within the itinerary;
• Meals as shown under hotel and tour text;
• UK departure tax;
• Government taxes and compulsory service charges;
• Transfers to/from airport/hotels unless otherwise stated.
NOT INCLUDED :
• Visa fees, overseas airport taxes, overseas porterage, any government taxes or compulsory charges to be payable locally (these will be communicated within your documentation, where such fees are known to us);
• Optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday.