Holidays to Tanzania are all about safari days and starry nights while Zanzibar’s Indian Ocean coastline beckons for post-safari relaxation
In the midst of ancient baobab and acacia trees in the scorched savannah, big cats, elephants and giraffe roam free. From the spine-tingling Great Migration that thunders through the Serengeti plains, to the hot soft sands of Zanzibar or remote Pemba Island, holidays to Tanzania combine luxury safari adventure with chic island life. Picnic with impala and zebra on the Ngorongoro Crater floor; take a thrilling dusk safari through the remote Selous; head to the Serengeti for year-round big cat spotting in Tanzania’s oldest national park; and experience world-class comfort in luxury tented camps. Choose an overland or fly-in safari for your Tanzania holiday – either way, as sure as flamingos fly over soda lakes, it’s going to be a spectacular and enchanting adventure.
Our Personal Travel Experts know Tanzania really well. If you would like one our Tanzania experts to tailor-make an unforgettable Tanzania safari for you, give us a call or pop in to your local store.
In Tanzania, you can wake up to the distinctive early morning call of the fish eagle, enjoy the thrill of after-dark game drives when the bush comes alive, climb Africa’s highest peak, and marvel over tree-climbing monkeys and huge herds of elephants.
The world-famous Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater bring opportunities to spot rare black-maned lion, herds of elephant, leopards and cheetahs in their natural habitat. A sunrise hot-air balloon drifts across the savannah with a spectacular perspective on the animals below and 600 meters down the Ngorongoro Crater floor you’re among one of Africa’s richest concentrations of wildlife. And then, of course, there’s the Great Migration. As millions of wildebeest, antelope and zebra stampede across the plains of the Serengeti chasing the freshest grass and water on the continent, you can watch – front row – one of the most extraordinary natural events on Earth.
There are wild and romantic bush breakfasts, family-friendly 4x4 full-day game drives and bespoke fly-in safaris on board a private Cessna. Seasoned safari-goers will love travelling the lesser-visited southern circuit where the remote Selous and Ruaha Reserves sustain a huge number of giraffe, elephant, lion and buffalo. There’s more… fly east to the 'spice islands' of Zanzibar and Pemba and let the warm Indian Ocean lap at your feet for the ultimate post-safari relaxation.
PRICE INCLUDES :
• The services of Kuoni resident representatives (tour leaders on escorted tours) or Kuoni appointed regional agents, with English speaking staff in most of the areas featured in this brochure;
• Economy class airfares on scheduled (or charter flights) on IATA carriers and other airlines from UK as per itinerary (Air fares are based on group travel and changes of reservations are not permitted without the confirmation of Kuoni);
• Luggage allowance, as specified;
• Accommodation and sightseeing, as specified within the itinerary;
• Meals as shown under hotel and tour text;
• UK departure tax;
• Government taxes and compulsory service charges;
• Transfers to/from airport/hotels unless otherwise stated.
NOT INCLUDED :
• Visa fees, overseas airport taxes, overseas porterage, any government taxes or compulsory charges to be payable locally (these will be communicated within your documentation, where such fees are known to us);
• Optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday.